Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

shhhhhhhh

My Matty has been on vacation for a week now.
He has one more week to go.
Clearly our idea of vacations are entirely different.

He has cleaned or worked every day.

I have been looking forward to this vacation for months.
I had a vision as to what these two weeks would look like.

My vision:
Me sleeping in and him waking up with the twinnies.
Taking baths. Lots of them.
Cooking complicated yummy gourmet meals every night.
Frolicing.
Going to the park.
Laughing.
Shopping.
Fires.
Pictures, lots of pictures.
Catching up on DVR'd reality shows.
LIFETIME!
Sewing and playing with my new embroidery machine.
Painting my toenails.
Napping. Everyday.


Here's how it's really gone down:
I have gotten to sleep in. Lots. I'll give him that.
He's gone to work almost every day, it's one of the sacrifices that comes along with owning your own biz.
I get it.
But aside from that,
he's cleaned.
Reorganized the pantry.
Decluttered.
Packed away Christmas.
Loaded and unloaded the dishwasher a million times a day.
Cleaned his truck.
Mopped.
Swept.
Laundry.
Mail.
Started to clean out the garage. He also informed me that WE will be completing this project before this weekend?????

What kind of vacation is this?

AND most importantly, how am I supposed to lay around during his
tornado
of
production?

Ew.

So, I write you secretly letting you know I have not forgotten about you.
I don't have time for pics or a Christmas/New Year breakdown.

You see, we are in the middle of hanging a new microwave and thank goodness he needed to make a
Home Depot run.
So, obviously I busted out the vaccuum like I was going to whip this b into shape while he was gone.
I vaccuumed the rug in the family room.
Peered out the window.
Made sure he was gone and

Boooooya!
I came to you.

Shhhhh...............don't tell.
I will deny till I die.
As far as Matty is concerned, I slaved over this house and even broke a sweat while he was gone.
But, I am enjoying a quiet house while the babes are in lala land, watching Mario Lopez's Saved by the Baby and checking in on all of you.

I hope you all had a wonderful
Christmas
and a
happy new year
I hope you over indulged in great food, party hats, bubbly, noisemakers,
black eyed peas and greens.





I'm going back to my "vacation".
Don't fret, my friends. He goes back to work Monday and regularly scheduled blogs will return.

xoxo





1 comment:

  1. rotflmao- you are TOO much. you serioulsy need to write a book!

    ReplyDelete