Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

due date shmoooo date

it came.
it went.
baby is still inside.

i mean really, they should do birth months, not due dates.

the most annoying part is you can't make a phone call without hearing

"are you in labor"

or you can't answer the phone without hearing

"when are you having that baby"

and having a nameless overdue baby?

forget about it.

i don't know her name and i surely don't know when she's coming.

i have a doctors appointment on friday.
i will be 40 weeks and 4 days.
so we'll see if i've progressed.

i haven't attempted any crazy castor oil or eggplant parm bring on labor things.

but,
in honor of her due date i washed her baby blanket.
so i can check one thing off the list.

my sister-in-law, Taran, is on the verge of having a panic attack.
she would have everything done months ago.
i'm jealous.
she's a clean freak and she's always prepared.
always.

i'm not.

if i could just remember to register at the hospital that would be a big step in the right direction.

and i just need to get the car seat and pack my hospital bag and we should be good to go.







2 comments:

  1. Let me know if I can do anything for you. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toby was 5 days after due date. (Won't say five days late because he came when he wanted to come, right?) I was totally ready... BUT the night before I packed up all my borrowed maternity clothes. It left me with like three outfits but I didn't care. That seemed to be the final 'bout of nesting I needed, bc 4am next day water broke...

    ReplyDelete